Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński University (UKSW) has been preparing for several years to open the Collegium Medicum (WM.CM) and to educate students on medical faculties.
The clinical basis for the WM.CM studies at the UKSW includes the following research and scientific institutes:
- Military Medical Institute (WIM),
- Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński, Primate of the Millennium, Institute of Cardiology
- Mother and Child Institute as well as public hospitals and institutions that provide medical commercial services:
- Central Clinical Hospital of the Ministry of the Interior and Administration,
- “INFLANCKA” Krysia Niżyńska “Zakurzona” Specialist Hospital,
- Bielański Hospital
- Mazovian Provincial Hospital Drewnica Sp. z o. o.
- Międzylesie Specialist Hospital in Warsaw (MSSW)
- LUX MED Group Sp. z o. o.
- Enel-Med, SA
- Magodent Sp. z o. o.
- St. Krzysztof Oncological Hospice in Warsaw
The National Institute of Medicines is also involved in the implementation of the education program at medical faculties.
UKSW also started to cooperate with foreign units: the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart in Milan (Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore). The teaching and research base of this university for medical studies and research is the Gemelli polyclinic in Rome, the official hospital of the Pope. UKSW also signed a letter of intent with Isarklinik in Munich which specializes in research on the use of stem cells.
WM CM is dynamically developing, both in terms of science and teaching. We are making sure that our educational offer is best adapted to the requirements of modern medicine, and we are striving to ensure that lecturers and students form a well-coordinated team, jointly involved in the implementation of research and organizational ideas that are a response to patients’ expectations.